Directions for Women, as I mentioned in my last post, is a great financial resource for women. Directions for Women was created to “Empower, Educate, and Engage women in the management of their personal finance.” Founder Eleanor Blayney and her team of fellow CFPs (Peg Downey, Elizabeth Jetton, and Candice McGarvey) are dedicated to changing the conversation, and helping women understand and take charge of their finances is in a way that is comfortable and natural.
The website is full of great information and insights on things like how to change the conversation, the top 5 financial mistakes of women, and empowering videos, even one on getting financially naked.
Check it out and join the conversation!
By the way, those top 5 mistakes-
1. We assume we do not know enough about finances.
2. We let someone else- a spouse, a parent, a partner, an advisor- take care of everything for us
3. We put others’ needs ahead of our own.
4. We do not ask for what we need financially.
5. We do not talk with our family or friends about money.
Read the rest for more detail on each of the mistakes, and a helpful section on “Mistake Erasers.”