“It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: what are we busy about?” ~ Henry David Thoreau Seems to me we’re all born yearning for purpose. We start asking “why” from the time we can talk and I don’t know about you, but I’m still asking “why” today. When […]
It’s Thanksgiving night, and my daughter and I are home from our family celebration. We’re sitting by the fire, talking about life (and watching Glee if you must know). Moments like these are precious, the stuff of life. I have so much to be thankful for, but none means more to me than time with my […]
It may be Thanksgiving month to many of us, but to May college grads, it’s also the month their student loan payments start. Got questions about how to pay them back? We have some answers. I’m out of school; now what do I do with all of these loans? Each year a student borrows money, […]
Have you lost a loved one to the tragedy of suicide? Join with us for a day of remembering and healing. This Saturday November 23 1 pm till 3:30 pm Pocono Medical Center East Stroudsburg, PA Register by calling Erin Baehr 570-223-1550 or register online
(This infographic and post were provided to me by Cedar Education Lending, and in no way should be construed as an endorsement of their services.) For years parents are always told to start saving for their child’s college fund as soon as they are born. However, based on the growing costs of higher education year […]
Love it or hate it, if you need to purchase health insurance coverage, you’ll have to understand your options under the Affordable Care Act. This Q&A will focus on individual health insurance policies. What is the “exchange?” The Affordable Care Act marketplace exchange is a centralized place where insurers can sell their plans; like […]
Not having kids in the house any more leaves me with entirely too much time to hang out with our pets. Unless the grandkids are around, watching them interact is the highlight of my entertainment (yes, I need to get out more). I’ve noticed a parallel between their behaviors and the way people invest. Perhaps […]
Unfortunate events seem to come when we least expect them. While we can’t control the timing, we can be prepared for when they do come. Just like we inventory our possessions in our homes in case of fire or theft, and have our auto insurance card handy in case of an accident, we can create […]
I imagine each of our lives as a book, where there are many books within the book, written from different perspectives but with a common theme and plot weaving them all together, kind of like the Bible. As our lives intersect with those around us, we collaborate and contribute to each others’ stories. One might […]
I’ve had the privilege over the past month of spending time with the folks of the Salvation Army, both here and in their West Nyack, N.Y., office. I’m continually impressed by their passionate dedication to extending a hand up to those who need help. One of the many ways the Salvation Army reaches out to […]
Most of the time this blog addresses how to keep more of your money. Today is about the opposite: how to give it away. While making smaller, ordinary gifts isn’t necessarily complicated, when making significant gifts, either now or after your death, if you’re not careful with who’s getting what, the tax man will have […]
About Erin Baehr
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Erin Baehr founded Baehr Family Financial, LLC in 2007 to help individuals and families make the most of their money, while staying true to their values.
- Ding Dong the Cancer’s Dead July 18, 2013
- Do You Have a Small Business to Share? November 24, 2012
- Things I never wanted to know about cancer treatment but do now August 14, 2013
- The Redeeming Value of Candy Crush May 30, 2013
- In Praise of the Impractical September 28, 2012
- Thanks Living 2013 November 29, 2013
- Tis the Season… for Student Loan Payments to Start November 21, 2013
- International Survivors of Suicide Day This Saturday November 20, 2013
- Paying for Law School- an Infographic November 16, 2013
- A Primer on Obamacare November 4, 2013
- Erin Baehr: Anita, I'm so thankful to have you in my life! Y...
- anita bondi: ...and here in stroudsburg, i am so grateful for B...
- Thanks Living 2013 Version | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: […] when the freshness of this cancer experi...
- Erin Baehr: Thank you Paula, it's always nice to hear from yo...
- Paula dangelo: Erin I do hope your husband is doing well. As dan ...