“It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: what are we busy about?” ~ Henry David Thoreau Seems to me we’re all born yearning for purpose. We start asking “why” from the time we can talk and I don’t know about you, but I’m still asking “why” today. When [...]
Considering staying home with your new (or even older) bundle of joy? My latest post on Dimespring will help you think it through. The key decision point: You’ll need to weigh your newly revised living expenses against two numbers: Your combined net take home pay, minus the cost of child care, and [...]
As we approach the Jan. 1, 2014, full implementation date of the Affordable Care Act, questions abound as to what will happen and how we will be affected. Here are some frequently asked questions: I’m covered by a plan at work. Will I keep that same plan? That depends. The so-called “employer mandate” says [...]
Is Paying Down Your Mortgage Fast a Bad Idea? (via Credit.com) Making extra payments on your mortgage? Many people do — they’re anxious to get that mortgage paid down as quick as they can. But especially with interest rates this low, that might not be the best place to put that next dollar. So what [...]
I enjoy tax season for many reasons, but most of all because I look forward to catching up with so many of you and hearing how your year went. It also gives me insight into the local economy and how people are being affected (still struggling by the way). A common thread this year was [...]
If you’ve stopped by or called our office on a Friday over the past several months, chances are you’ve had the pleasure of speaking with Elisa. My good friend Michael Tukeva, who also happens to be the executive director of one of the best service organizations in the area- Pocono Alliance- introduced me to his [...]
Karen M. Harris of the Pocono Record recently asked me to collaborate with her on a quiz to measure your credit savviness. Check it out and see how you do! Questions 1. Are you on time with your debt payments? 2. What is your ratio of credit used vs. credit available? (Example: Your total credit [...]
~by Andra Baehr, Shopping on a Shoestring with Kids in Velcro Shoes Well, as I sit here typing, I see two moths circling the light over our kitchen table. UGH. But do you know what that means? You guessed it, SPRING IS HERE! This makes it official for me, the moths seal the deal. With [...]
For those of you who have already filed your taxes, looking at today’s date is no big deal. But for those who haven’t, noticing the dwindling number of days between now and April 15 may fill you with dread. Is that you? Are you running out of time — or money — for tax day? [...]
and the clock is ticking…. before you know it April 15 will be here. Is your return filed yet? If it’s not and you don’t know what to do, or if you can’t pay your balance due, look for my column in this Sunday’s Pocono Record. I’ll post it here too Sunday afternoon, so if [...]
Want to know more about the retirement plans available to small businesses? Read on for a couple of my posts on Dimespring.com about SEP-IRAs and SIMPLE-IRAs. A SEP IRA, or Simplified Employee Pension, is an IRA used by business owners to save for their own retirement as well as the retirements of any eligible employees. [...]
About Erin Baehr
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Erin Baehr founded Baehr Family Financial, LLC in 2007 to help individuals and families make the most of their money, while staying true to their values.
- Do You Have a Small Business to Share? November 24, 2012
- In Praise of the Impractical September 28, 2012
- Seven Must Read Financial Books July 26, 2012
- Thanks Living November 16, 2012
- Five Fantastic Financial Sites October 18, 2012
- Q&A: How can I afford to stay home with my baby? | Dimespring May 20, 2013
- Obamacare- what’s coming for you? May 5, 2013
- Is Paying Down Your Mortgage Fast a Bad Idea? April 29, 2013
- The product you must buy but hope you never need April 24, 2013
- Oh Baby! April 18, 2013
- Colleen: Excellent article Erin, a reminder to all who lost...
- Erin Baehr: Tina, that's great shopping! I bet you are enjoy...
- Tina Myers: I like this article because it is an illustration ...
- Free Workshops and Events in January | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: [...] Introduction to Collaborative Divorce [...]...
- Free Workshops and Events in January | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: [...] Join a Money Circle [...]...
Follow @ErinBaehr on Twitter