“It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: what are we busy about?” ~ Henry David Thoreau Seems to me we’re all born yearning for purpose. We start asking “why” from the time we can talk and I don’t know about you, but I’m still asking “why” today. When […]
I’m very pleased to introduce you to a new addition to the Baehr Family Financial team! Esther Berrios joined us last week in the Stroudsburg office as a paraplanner, which means she’ll be helping with financial plans and tax planning. Esther and I have known each other since our daughters (now 21) were in preschool. […]
We’ve had lots of movement in our family lately— literally. My daughter moved out of an apartment, my son moved into one, and we moved our office. It occurred to me as I was lugging boxes and wondering whose bright idea moving the office was, that moving is like childbirth. It’s difficult to go through, […]
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but an encouraging word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25 The effects of encouragement is such a neat thing to watch. Our little dog Dutch gives me a picture perfect example of it every morning. Dutch loves to sleep. I mean, really loves to sleep. And he loves […]
We’ve been busy around here for the past few weeks packing and unpacking, painting, and cleaning, as we moved our Stroudsburg office from Ann Street to 25 North 8th Street- just two blocks away. The move reminded me of childbirth- it’s a big pain that you soon forget after it’s over, and when it comes […]
As a follow up to my last post on mutual funds, this one will focus on another breed of investment funds — the closed end fund as suggested by a reader. The name closed end fund may suggest simply a slight variation of what we normally think of as a mutual fund. But in reality, […]
The theory of risk reward says that in order to obtain more reward, one must take on more risk. In a recent post, I wrote about the little reward available these days in accounts that by design must be safe. For money that can and should take on risk in pursuit of a better return, […]
Last summer, around Father’s Day and my dad’s 70th birthday, I wrote about the legacy my dad has built (and is building) in our family. Well, my mom is co-constructor in that legacy building, so in honor of Mother’s Day, this time around I’d like to share my birthday tribute to my mom. How […]
My editor at the Pocono Record asked those of us who write for Monroe Pike Life to send him our reflections on being a mom. Mine are below. What are your thoughts- on being a mom, a dad, a relative- thoughts on the responsibilities and unexpected joys of caring for children? Elizabeth Stone said having […]
I don’t know anyone in the Northeast (and some in the South too) who wouldn’t agree that this has felt like the never ending winter. We know rationally that spring will come, because it does every year. But in the middle of these cold days, did you ever start to wonder if this will be […]
About Erin Baehr
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Erin Baehr founded Baehr Family Financial, LLC in 2007 to help individuals and families make the most of their money, while staying true to their values.
- Ding Dong the Cancer’s Dead July 18, 2013
- Do You Have a Small Business to Share? November 24, 2012
- Things I never wanted to know about cancer treatment but do now August 14, 2013
- The Redeeming Value of Candy Crush May 30, 2013
- In Praise of the Impractical September 28, 2012
- A New Face in Our New Place July 25, 2014
- Got Instagram? July 25, 2014
- Tricky truck rentals can complicate moving day July 24, 2014
- An Encouraging Word Makes the Heart Glad. July 4, 2014
- New Location for Stroudsburg Office June 13, 2014
- anita: sooo happy for you (and for me!) can't wait to e...
- Spring will come, I promise! | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: […] I’m thinking today of folks going ...
- The Most Common Budget Breaker | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: […] be able to squeeze out an hour of qualit...
- The Most Common Budget Breaker | Credit.com Blog: […] be able to squeeze out an hour of qualit...
- Adele O\'Brien: Missed seeing your blog. Welcome back....