“It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: what are we busy about?” ~ Henry David Thoreau Seems to me we’re all born yearning for purpose. We start asking “why” from the time we can talk and I don’t know about you, but I’m still asking “why” today. When […]
For years, I have waited in vain each night for the dinner fairy to appear; alas, she did not and I would yet again accept that I would need to come up with a meal myself. Cooking is not high on my list of fun things to do, and as my days got busier and […]
When you think about budget breakers, do you think of things like vacations and big-screen TVs? While those surely can be expensive purchases, from my experience of working with folks on their finances, I’ve found it’s the relatively smaller category of convenience food that does the most damage to our finances on a regular basis. […]
~by Andra Baehr, Shopping on a Shoestring with Kids in Velcro Shoes I’ve gone back to the drawing board in an attempt to revamp my budget and save some extra money in 2014. I figured a fresh look at some of my family’s largest expenses couldn’t hurt. The grocery bill is always one of the […]
Were you one of the 40 million people who shopped at Target with a debit or credit card between Nov. 27 and Dec. 15? I was, and so were a lot of other people I know. I don’t shop in stores much, but I happened to be in Target with both my business debit card […]
As I was walking through Bed Bath and Beyond last night, the Christmas music was blaring, the store was packed, and the whole Christmas shopping experience was getting to me. I wanted to just sit on the floor and cry. It’s hard to not get beaten down by the blatant attempt by retailers to work […]
I’ve been writing for Credit.com for several months now, and they have a content partnership with some of the major online news outlets- which means my articles get some nice mileage. November’s article on 8 year end tax moves to make (excerpt below) ended up on NBCnews, Fox Business, and Philly.com. I’m not gonna lie; […]
Are you (or is someone you know) in trouble with student loans? A difficult job market colliding with a mountain of student debt means you’re not alone. My loan payments will be starting soon, but I can’t afford them. What should I do? First thing to do is make a list of all of your […]
It’s Thanksgiving night, and my daughter and I are home from our family celebration. We’re sitting by the fire, talking about life (and watching Glee if you must know). Moments like these are precious, the stuff of life. I have so much to be thankful for, but none means more to me than time with my […]
It may be Thanksgiving month to many of us, but to May college grads, it’s also the month their student loan payments start. Got questions about how to pay them back? We have some answers. I’m out of school; now what do I do with all of these loans? Each year a student borrows money, […]
Have you lost a loved one to the tragedy of suicide? Join with us for a day of remembering and healing. This Saturday November 23 1 pm till 3:30 pm Pocono Medical Center East Stroudsburg, PA Register by calling Erin Baehr 570-223-1550 or register online
About Erin Baehr
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Erin Baehr founded Baehr Family Financial, LLC in 2007 to help individuals and families make the most of their money, while staying true to their values.
- Ding Dong the Cancer’s Dead July 18, 2013
- Do You Have a Small Business to Share? November 24, 2012
- In Praise of the Impractical September 28, 2012
- The Redeeming Value of Candy Crush May 30, 2013
- Things I never wanted to know about cancer treatment but do now August 14, 2013
- Well hello, Dinner Fairy January 24, 2014
- The Most Common Budget Breaker January 24, 2014
- Rotten broccoli stinks: Tips for efficient grocery shopping January 10, 2014
- Aargh- Hit by the red shirted pirates January 10, 2014
- What do you want to give for Christmas? December 20, 2013
- The Most Common Budget Breaker | Purposeful Money with Erin Baehr, CFP®: […] be able to squeeze out an hour of qualit...
- The Most Common Budget Breaker | Credit.com Blog: […] be able to squeeze out an hour of qualit...
- Adele O\'Brien: Missed seeing your blog. Welcome back....
- JoAnn Twaskas: You have brought a smile to my face. I agree, Erin...
- Dawn: Merry Christmas, Erin! Your family has much to ce...